· Participate in IT portfolio management activities, collaborating with both IT and business unit leaders.
· Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available departmental resources to various phases of the project.
· Manage internal and external systems/application development projects within assigned areas from inception to successful implementation:
· establish work plan for each phase of project and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel
· identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks
· define project objectives, scope, and level of effort
· develop project strategies and plans, and identify the methods and tools required for the project
· assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel
· initiate projects, keep projects on track and on budget, and resolve issues with customers
· monitor progress against plan
· provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project lifecycle
· review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required
· Escalate any project issues including timing, budget, resources, scope and more, to upper management in a timely manner.
· Collaborate closely with the Process Excellence team on enterprise-wide projects.
· Prepare project status reports and/or project portfolio summaries for management, business unit leaders, and IT management.
· Perform customer surveys ensuring customer satisfaction remains high.
· Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
· Work with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
· Ensure easy access to information that is useful to users.
· Lead the effort in creative approaches to problem-solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs.
· Adhere to best project management practices and methodologies.
· Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
· Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
· Strong change management skills and the ability to influence decision makers
· Ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
· Strong project management skills which include experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives
· Knowledge of the Business Process Automation technology, and business practices
· Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies
· Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is strongly preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Business This position is a key position, working on the client’s site as the Senior IT Project Manager. The IT Project Manager will plan, directs, coordinates activities of business technology projects to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the relationships with the business project client and project team that develops and carries out IT projects. This will be done by monitoring project activities, ensuring the quality, and integrity of the information, and providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across enterprise The Senior Project Manager will work closely with assigned users in determining how technology can be used and translate into system requirement and design specifications.
· as assigned
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
· At least 7 years of IT experience, including managing IT projects.
· Experience in Software Development industry and or Professional Services is preferred.
· Experience in Healthcare IT environment is preferred.
· Senior Technical Project Manager Job Description
· Senior Project Manager – able to produce and present strong Technical project artifact that communicates status and root cause analysis to non-technical business users.